Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Burj Al Arab

I opened a bag of Deglet Noor dates this evening and as I munched on them, my thoughts turned to my three night stay at the Burj Al Arab, the 7-star hotel dubbed as the most luxurious hotel in the world.  At 321 meters, this is the tallest hotel at the moment, and to say that this is a "202 room property" is very much like an understatement--each room is actually a very impressive suite!  My room was the basic room, and that was 172 m2 in size!  Each time we would enter the lobby, we would instantly refresh ourselves with the cold hand towels, and after that, they would always offer us a tray of the best, most tender and succulent dates that I have tasted!  It was truly a delight to eat that I requested a whole plate be delivered to my room, and I munched on dates for the duration of my stay!  I have no idea if the these were Medjools, or Empress dates or Rotabs, but it was truly fit for a king!  The Jumeirah-managed hotel sits on reclaimed land in the middle of the sea, has fantastic views of Dubai, and was conceived to look like an Arab sailboat--a beautiful sight to behold!  Now, every time I munch on dates, I dream of the Burj Al Arab!

No comments: