Thursday, June 28, 2012

Earle's Deli


The heading "Deli" in this blog is my generic repository of food shops carrying cooked items--but in this case, Earle's Deli is probably a deli in the old-fashioned sense of the word.  Sausages, processed meats, hams, cheeses and even breads are available for take-home, and sandwiches and salads can be ordered right on the spot.  Pricing it pretty neat, the branch that we went to was in Greenbelt 1, and given the prices of food in the area, our spend of P150-P200 per person was quite reasonable for a good deli sandwich.


The store is very proud of its smoked sausages, and they claim that their sausage casings are top-quality. Looking at the full line of bratwurst, Hungarian, veal, Vienna, Italian sausages made me pause and wonder which one to actually get, because they all looked so appetizing!  My friend got a roast beef sandwich, and he managed to convince me to take the meat trio--I think it was salami, pepperoni & Canadian ham sandwiched with multi-grain bread.  Yes that was quite filling and since I paired that with a cold glass of peach iced tea, the heat of the afternoon sun didn't faze me at all!


No comments: