Friday, June 29, 2012

Royce



I've passed the Royce chocolate shops many times, but haven't paid much attention to the chocolates.  This Japanese brand is well-known for creamy and flavorful blends--the special chocolate bars taste quite lovely (my favorite is the chocolate champagne).  However, these 115g bars are priced at the P500-P600 range, and I think that is a bit pricey.  Nevertheless, Monique and I couldn't resist the shelf display on this trip to the Eastwood Mall, so we settled for a regular bar, which was 125g, and priced much less at the P300 level.  Well, I guess you get what you pay for--this milk chocolate was much like an ordinary supermarket bar, and there are probably a dozen or so brands that are of similar quality and texture and which you can get for half the price.



UPDATE (16 November 2012):  A good friend came from Sapporo and she gave me a box of Pote Goma cookies.  These light, crunchy cookies are individually wrapped and top-coated with Royce chocolate.  The coating consistency at local room temperature (26 degrees centigrade thereabouts) is almost creamy, and I would put the cookies in the fridge for around twenty minutes to get a harder topping.  The box was gone in a couple of days!




1 comment:

anna banana said...

try the nama chocolate. bitter chocolate with VSOP (brandy i guess?) ay yay yay. yummm :)