Saturday, June 30, 2012

Zarte Vollmilch


This is one chocolate brand that I haven't seen on the shelves of local stores.  Gwammy's tenant came back from Germany and he gave her this chocolate bar for pasalubong.  True to form, the whole family gathered together at the main house to taste and judge the chocolate bar.  Yes, we only had a few squares each, as we had to stretch the bar among all of us.  I thought Zarte Vollmilch by Rewe was creamy and had good texture--smooth, no "starchy extender" sensation.  The bar had just the right sweetness, and the "chocolatey-ness" rated high on my scale.  I'm pretty convinced with the quality of German chocolates, my impression is that they bring value for money (as opposed to French, Belgian and Italian brands that cater to the luxury segment).  Unfortunately, I don't think these brands are available locally, and it probably will take some time before I can get my hands on them again.



No comments: