Monday, August 6, 2012

Elbert's Steak Room


Over at H. V. Dela Costa St. in Salcedo Village, at the ground floor of the Sagittarius Building, you will find a nondescript doorway to a staircase that leads to Elbert's Steak Room.  I was a little bit disoriented as I climbed up, but upon reaching the restaurant, the sight of the bar made me grin--it was the perfect place to spend after-office drinks!



I arrived a bit early for my lunch meeting, and I had time to take some pictures of the place.  Some of the furniture reminded me of study rooms and office boardrooms designed in the seventies, but over-all, the ambiance was pleasant and the table lay-out was comfortable for discussing business matters. 



The restaurant only serves USDA beef.  The lunchtime menu was pretty straightforward.  Three prime rib choices were available, these were (basically) small, medium and large.  I was particularly happy that each main course would already include soup or salad, and dessert.



The soup of the day was mushroom creme soup, and I liked the thickness and aroma.  Portion serving, however, was pretty controlled and while the picture above shows a full soup plate, take note that when I dipped my spoon in, I realized it was only half an inch deep.  The prime rib was nicely done, grilled just right.  It was soft, easy to cut and flavorful, with a slight buttery tone.



I understand that during lunch, non-steak dishes were also served, and the executive meals would go for something like P750++.   Lunchtime prime rib goes from P1,200++ for the small size all the way to P1,600++ for the large steaks.  At night, the menu is different, and more steak choices are available, including tenderloin cuts and short loins.  I saw a large wine collection and I would assume that they would be able to pair the steaks with your desired selection.



No comments: