Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ten Four


One of my favorite kakanins is cassava cake.   I simply cannot resist this Filipino treat, even just a canteen slice  for my daily dessert will make my afternoon cheerful and bright.  Last week, a colleague decided to bring a box of Ten Four cassava cake, which turned out to be firm, and had just the right amount of sweetness.  The cake was topped with cheese, and we had a mini afternoon tea party with some of our friends.  I heard that a box sells for not more than P150, and while I haven't been to a Ten Four store, I understand that they have branches all over the metro (I've seen one along N. Domingo, near the Pinaglaban area).  Ten Four is probably based on the old Citizen's Band 10 code meaning "okay" or "message received," and in this case, we give a hi-five and thumbs-up for this wonderful kakanin.

No comments: