Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gold Carp Kropek

Kropek is a thin wafer-like crunchy snack usually made from starch and fish, shrimp or crab flavoring.  Fish kropek is usually white, while shrimp and crab kropek come in various shades of orange and pink.  I've spent many childhood days munching on this snack, and for a while, this disappeared from the market, as the western snacks (potato chips & nachos) came into fashion.  I was in Unimart with cousin Ed over the weekend, and one of the stalls at the entrance door happened to sell some Gold Carp kropek, just P35 a pack.  I pounced on it, and the crunchy taste just brought me back to my childhood days (we used to run to the neighborhood sari-sari store to buy the stuff; I can even remember the face of the counter girl, whose name was Mi--really!).  Ahhhh.... sarap!



2 comments:

anna banana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anna banana said...

Ooooh! Hubby and I love this! Also available in Little Store. The kids prefer the kropek with the pigeon though... :)