Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Manila Mandarin

The hotel used to be known as the Manila Mandarin but in keeping with the chain's standardization program, the hotel is now known as the Mandarin Oriental Manila.  Had breakfast at the Mandarin Deli the other day and I realized that this was the perfect place to discuss business matters in a cozy, simple and serene setting, while being only a block away from the hustle and bustle of the CBD.  The spinach quiche was a bit bland for me, but then again, I'm a salty eater... Maybe I should have tried the "Make-Your-Own" Sandwich treat...  I do miss L' Hirondelle, their top-end restaurant 20 years ago and the Clipper Lounge at the mezzanine level which has since been turned into a selling area.  The Brasserie is now known as the Paseo Uno--I dropped in and the buffet spread was quite sumptuous and inviting! I understand they still operate the Tivoli and the Captain's Bar at the lobby area, and have added the Martini's Bar at the Makati Avenue entrance.  Yes, all in all, nice memories....

1 comment:

anna banana said...

clipper lounge a selling area? selling what?