Saturday, May 28, 2011

Toastbox




We had to stroll around the Greenbelt area as we waited for Vicky, who had a get-together with some office-mates at nearby National Sports Grill.  Monique was able to locate a copy of Season 3 of her all-time favorite anime, Kyo Kara Maou and was gleeful at her lucky find.  As we went window shopping, we saw an elegant Dao table, 9 ft x 4 ft x 4 inches at Weft.  Needless to say, it was love at first sight, but Vicky would probably not speak to me if I bought the darn thing on impulse--that would have set us back by P250k... sigh...  Suddenly, to my chagrin, Monique broke a portion of a capiz lantern in the shop, breaking my reverie... whew, it was good that Pam, the shop-owner, was so gracious about the whole thing!  By 10 pm, our energy was already dissipating, and Monique wanted to have coffee.  Having just arrived from Singapore, she chose to have a cold mocha java at Toastbox.  This place serves pulled coffee, Singapore style.  It was such a pleasure watching the ladies pour coffee in long thin waterfalls, and every drop doesn't miss the cup! They also have toasts and kaya, Nasi Goreng & Nasi Lemak.  I was still full, but I promised myself to try the Hainanese chicken next time!





No comments: