Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

It's a nerve-wracking Mother's Day as we watch Manny Pacquio fight (and win over) Shane Mosley.  Well, for the customary Mother's feast, Vicky & Becca slave themselves in the kitchen concocting their latest culinary experiments--French Onion Soup topped with Toasted Baguette & Cheese, Potato Au Gratin, Steamed Corn and Beef Lasagna with Garlic Bread on the side!  We finally get to use the long-lost ceramic mandolin (for the Potato Au Gratin), and the kids just love the resulting menu.  It's absolutely amazing how these two moms manage to beat the kitchen heat with these laborious recipes in tow!  I understand that preparations started yesterday afternoon with a trip with Pipay to the nearby bayside S&R membership shopping center.  Complete master-chefs, if you ask me!  In the far corners of the back courtyard, Miggs manages to Bobby-Flay his contribution too, sizzling his Liempo masterpiece atop his charcoal grill, timing his meat overturns when the TVs ads for the Pacquiao-Mosley fight pop up.  And me?  I keep myself busy writing this blog.... masterful stroke of lazy Sunday genius on my part!  Hehehe.....

No comments: