Monday, May 2, 2011

Mighty Thor!

I first encountered the Mighty Thor comic series of Marvel's Stan Lee via Lawrence Gantray's stop-motion animation series in the mid sixties... yes, such vivid memories of a long gone era, when summer meant slipping off to West Riverside to borrow comic books of my good friend Manny (now the head of a big radio station)!  I would even endure that long (and dizzying) boat ride to Cebu so that I could read the comic stash of my much older cousin Arthur (as in Mighty Thor issue no. 1), and that just goes to show how much of a fan I am... So when the theatrical release date of the much-awaited movie arrived, I made it a point to watch the movie on the very first weekend... and I was not disappointed!  I had the pleasure of dragging my daughter Monique to the showing, and quite surprisingly, she was happy with movie too!  The storyline made me shed a tear, and the special effects were quite impressive.  Monique though, thinks the Iron Man special effects had a much bigger bang...hehe, to each his own i guess...  Kudos to director Kenneth Branagh, the movie looks so real.  I usually watch movies on DVD, but some big-ticket items just deserve to be enjoyed on the big screen!  This is one of those blockbuster extravaganzas...Have fun!

1 comment:

anna banana said...

you shed a tear?? sappy! hee hee. must watch i guess :)