Friday, October 7, 2011

Baker's Mill

I simply forgot to write about this wonderful snack food that I picked up in Cebu during my last trip.  Dried nokos, as the Cebuanos call squid, tastes so yummy that I can probably eat a half kilo of the stuff in one sitting.  It's basically salty seafood snack, that has a tinge of both sweetness and chili.  No starches or artificial flavoring--this is the real thing, plain dried pusit!  One of the more popular brands is Baker's Mill, which comes in a gift box.  Price however, varies a lot--in Manila this comes to P285 per box; in Davao, Vicky found some at P250 per box; while in Cebu, the retailers have it at P185 per box, and the source (Profoods) goes down as low as P160 per box.  I still have 3 boxes in our stash--and don't you dare get one! ;)

No comments: