Friday, October 21, 2011

Sbarro

Had some time on my hands this afternoon while waiting for Vicky to finish up a meeting over some legal matters.  Having had only a siopao for lunch, I decided to take a short walk for a slice of freshly made pizza by Sbarro, a branch of which was located on the second floor of the KPMG Center (used to be the Prudential Bank Building) along Ayala Avenue.  In a few minutes, I was faced with a big slice of their Chicago White Deep Dish Pizza, topped with extra cheese and tomato sauce; took me a good 15 minutes to finish the plate.  Not bad, except that I hadn't counted on the pizza having pineapple as one of the ingredients--I prefer my pineapple as a dessert, thank you.  Maybe I should have taken the tomato-based Chicago Deep Dish version?  Served fairly fresh, fairly fast,  I think the continued popularity of this chain stems from the fact that the counter spreads always look appetizing, and that the pizza-making happens right in front of the customer--will obviously communicates that the pizza is freshly made.  Pizzas are quite large, and range from P500 for the basic mozarella cheese flavor to P1,350 for the Chicago Deep Dish pizza.  Nothing fancy, but basic Italian pizza/pasta for everyday treats.

No comments: