Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OPM English CD

I just read an article in Yahoo!  that by 2020, some analysts foresee that the CD and the DVD will go the way of vinyl records, and that music will be delivered via internet downloads.  Before that prediction happens, let me roll out my compilation of favorite OPM Hits in English:

1)     Beautiful Girl  -  Jose Mari Chan
2)     Each Day Is A Valentine  -  Martin Nievera
3)     No One Throws Away Memories (Hallmark)  -  Richard Tann
4)     Give Me A Chance  -  Ric Segretto
5)     I Will Always Stay In Love This Way  -  Baron Barbers
6)     Away From You  -  Jennifer Ramos
7)     Here And Now  -  Jose Mari Chan
8)     I Don't Love You Anymore  -  New Minstrels
9)     Points Of View  -  Joey Albert & Pops Fernandez
10)   Till My Heartaches End  -  Ella Mae Saison
11)   Let The Pain Remain  -  Side A
12)   A Samba Song  -  Bong Penera & the Batucada
13)   Hang On  -  Gary Valenciano
14)   Be My Lady  -  Martin Nievera
15)   I'll Never Say Goodbye  -  Nonoy Zuniga
16)   Farewell  -  Raymond Lauchengco
17)   Closer You and I  -  Gino Padilla
18)   When I Met You  -  Apo Hiking Society
19)   Till I Met You  -  Kuh Ledesma
20)   Refrain  -  Jose Mari Chan


3 comments:

anna banana said...

I won't say anything to Be My Lady. But Beautiful Girl? Really? Gretchen Barretto during her ST days comes to mind!

How about Jam Morales' Even If. Or Jamie Rivera's I've Fallen for you.

anna banana said...

Wait, there's more. Gary V's Growing Up, Reaching Out... MYMP (Constantly); Freestyle, True Faith...

richric2003 said...

Hehehe, talking about other songs of Gary V made me remember Pain by Martin Nievera--I think Mikaela knows the composer of that one.... sorry, I didn't realize, didn't even know, that Beautiful Girl was associated with her... also, Vicky mentioned South Border too--it was then I realized how old I am--I must admit I haven't heard songs from Freestyle, True Faith, and the newer generation of songsters...