Saturday, September 10, 2011

After Eight

After Eight choco-mints are among the best tasting mints one can take to soothe the palate right after dessert.  I just love it!  When Vicky brought out a box today (came from the stash she hoarded from her last trip to Singapore), I just enjoyed myself.  Of course, in contrast, some people don't enjoy mints--while I decribed it as a wonderful cross between ganache and mint-flovored fondant,  Monique for example has always descrbed it as the child of chocolate and toothpaste.  So much for the elan in my heart... hehehe... Originally introduced by Rowntree, an English company, in the early 60s, I understand that Nestle bought the company in the late 80s.  The candy is enveloped in simple dark brown pouches, and I always get a kick out of pullling a pouch from the box.  This was first introduced to me my my later father-in-law some 25 years ago, I understand that he would have it specially ordered since at that time, the importation of luxury items into the Philippines were severely restricted.  Ever since, I have craved for this wonderful after-dinner chocolate mint!

1 comment:

anna banana said...

I love mint chocolate. I can finish a pack of Andes Thins chocolate mints... Yum.