Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jyl's Cafe

After a long meeting yesterday at the Export Industry Bank, I found myself wandering around the Buendia-Pasong Tamo area, looking for a place for a fast lunch.  I came across Jyl's Cafe, and stepped in to have a quick look-see.  Located at the ground floor of the Oriental Gardens (this is a residential condominium developed by Federal Land), this eating place lists pastas and several kinds of short orders in their menu.  I had beef calderetta which was tasty enough, acceptable for the P165 price tag.  Of course, given that this was not a gourmet bistro, only the basic ingredients (carrots, potatoes, red pepper, beef & tomato sauce) were encapsulated in the dish.  As I was eating, I mentally imagined that the dish could have been more rich and flavorful with the addition of more garlic, black olives and cheese bits... but that's going overboard!

No comments: