Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicharritos

I've been an addict of chicharon (pork-rind cracklings) even though my doctors have told me that this delicacy is off-limits for my diet.  Yes, I've heard the arguments--it's supposed to be cholesterol galore!  However, I don't usually indulge in bulk, and I make it a point to eat only in moderation--which means that I select the tastiest chicharon around in order to savor the experience.  Chicharritos is a product from Cebu-based Combrands, Inc. and they have managed to make bite-sized chicharon in various flavors.  They even have ready-to-fry and microwaveable pellets which come out more voluminous that buying ready-to-eat packages!  I love the taste!  The quality of Chicharritos is pretty consistent due to the aluminum foil packaging, and this ensures that one will have a delightful experience eating the product  (one of my pet peeves is purchasing  unbranded chicharon which turns out to be old stock, has no crunch at all, and even worse, already has a rancid taste).  These snack packs are less than P100, pretty good with juice, soda or beer!

No comments: