Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Marco Polo Davao

This overnight trip to Davao was pretty hectic and the flight made me dizzy--literally that is, as I don't like flying.  I forgot to take my air-sickness tablets so the touchdowns in both Davao and Manila gave me a ringing buzz in my head.  Arriving in Davao at lunchtime, I was pretty much disoriented, it least I felt much better when we checked in at the Marco Polo Davao Hotel which is one of the best hotels in Davao City (I understand it is a 4-star hotel).  After some business meetings I had to endure, I took off to unwind at the pool, and felt much much better.  We then had dinner at the Lotus Court, their Chinese restaurant which had a very nice view of the city.  I understand that the restaurant features a new promotion--a dimsum buffet every Saturday for only P488, which is very reasonable, given the quality of the food.  We had duck soup, beef and asparagus, stuffed prawns and tofu with vegetables, and I found the pricing to be reasonable given that the restaurant was the best Chinese restaurant in the city--an average spend of P750 per head.  For the next day's breakfast, we had a buffet at the Cafe Marco, which had a wide variety of cold and hot local and international dishes on the menu.  Their poolside bistro, the Polo, is well-situated and has a cozy ambience and feel, and I wished that I had taken Vicky, Monique and Andrea to this restaurant in our last family trip to Davao in 2009.  My friend had time to work out at the gym, and I was quite impressed with the equipment.  Nice place to stay when one is in Davao, corporate rates are around P4,500 per room per night, but the rack rates are something like P8,000 per room per night.

No comments: