Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fig Newtons

I'm home early today from a tiring round of real estate tripping and it was a real pleasure to find some Fig Newtons at home.  I assume that Vicky must have thought of me when she plopped it in her shopping cart--I certainly didn't buy it, but I opened it today without permission, as I simply can't resist!  Made by Nabisco's predecessor since the 1890s, the soft cookie is simply fig paste rolled in sweet dough.  Kong Kong truly enjoys this chewy cookie, and Gwammy has been buying this special cookie for ages, that it seems that her in-room foodie stash stands naked without a box of Fig Newtons jutting out at any point in time.  The cookie is sweet and gooey, and the dough is soft and pliable without being crumbly.  Great with a cold drink, hot tea or black coffee!

No comments: