Thursday, September 15, 2011

Davao Treats





I found several treats at the Davao airport.  Didn't have any time to buy the usual pomelo and mangosteen pasalubong, so I merely shopped at the pre-departure area of the airport.  As you can see, I found a few interesting treats that are made in Davao.  The first snack that caught my eye was Biscone, which somehow looked familiar. As I picked up the pack, I remembered that Vicky had bought this cookie some years back.  The Biscone is a wafer cookie that is the round version of the ice cream sugar cone.  Thin and crunchy, this cookie is sweet, has a buttery taste, and for me is best eaten with milk, hot chocolate or hot coffee. A  pack costs P40.  The Hochas, on the other hand, is much like the Biscone, but slightly less sweet.  Also wafer thin, the Hochas is flat like  a communion host, much larger and without the ridges of the wafer cookie.  I would say that this is the flattened version of the barquillos.  Nice to have with a little butter or jam.  This was available only in big boxes, so I picked up a box (P250) just to try.  Finally, I chose the Trappistine crinkles to complete my grocery cart.  These cookies are made by Trappist sisters and come in different kinds of flavors--chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.  A pack cost me P140, which, by the way, helps in maintaining the abbey.  All these items, proudly made in Davao--something new to try!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how much is ur biscone?