Friday, September 23, 2011

Maranao Grill

Had a meeting today over at Clark Field in Pampanga, and we had a wonderful lunch at the Maranao Grill at the Oasis Hotel which is located right off the perimeter wall of the airbase along Friendship Avenue, and which I understand is operated by the Nepomuceno family that also ran the famous Nepo-Mart (home of PX goods) in the sixties and the seventies.  I had French onion soup, which was tasty and nicely done, with gooey cheese stringing all over!  Then my Surf & Turf combination kicked in, and I must say the Angus Beef was very soft and tasty.  Judging from the architecture, the hotel was built in the late sixties, and the interiors of the Maranao Grill made me think that I was in Mindanao, and forget that I was in the middle of Pampanga. Good place to talk, quiet and I find it has a homey charm.   Spend is in the order of around P800 per head.


Elegant interiors--I felt transported to Mindanao, but I was in Pampanga!



No comments: