Monday, September 12, 2011

Pepeton's

Was invited to lunch for my brother-in-law Julian's birthday celebration today at Pepeton's Grill and Restaurant along Mother Ignacia St. in Quezon City, around the area of Tropical Hut & National Bookstore.  I was told that this restaurant has been around for a few years, but I've been passing this area for sometime now, and until today, I haven't had the foggiest notion of what to expect.  Well, we found out it was good Fillipino food!  We had sinigang na hipon (shrimps) and bulalo (beef soup) for starters, green mango salad topped with crispy hito (catfish), gising-gising (spinach in coconut milk), chicken adobo, liver adobo, fried catfish, and the specialty of the house--Kapalmuks (literally, "thick face" which is the name of crispy fried pig's head, or should I  call if pork face).  Cholesterol galore!  But the fear was only for an instant, as we don't get to eat this on a regular basis anyway...hehehe..  I felt the Mexican-inspired decor lent a warm cozy feeling to the place; the restaurant has function rooms for private parties, and I understand that at night time, the open-air portion at the second floor turns into a drinking place, and this is usually packed, especially on Friday and Saturday, when the office people around the area unwind.  The restaurant also delivers Kapalmuks and other menu items around the QC area.  All in all, the place is a great find.  I'd estimate a budget of around P400 per head for a bloated tummy!

No comments: